Mon, Mar 13|
Elijah's Heart Community Center
SPRING BREAK | Corporate Guest Day
Monday is dedicated to a local company that has sponsored Elijah’s Heart events and served alongside our team for several years.
Time & Location
Mar 13, 2023, 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Elijah's Heart Community Center, 648 Claiborne St, Nashville, TN 37210, USA
About the event
Brand New Clothing, Daily Lunches, and Other Basic Needs Giveaway! This will be a very impactful and engaging event for the children in the community.
Children living in the largest “food desert” community in Nashville. From the time they leave school for Spring Break to the time they return to school, the kids we serve will be without school meals for 10 days!
Yes! TEN DAYS! WE NEED YOU! We NEED your help!
For years we have led school break food giveaways to this massive community of 800 homes! Please understand that we will have our team and volunteers making hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of sandwiches each day. Yes, I did say “hundreds” three times!!
We need you, your family or your group to make this happen.
Volunteer opportunities include preparation and giveaway activities.
10:30 am to 11:30 am (Monday-Friday)
Prior to kids and parents arriving at the events Monday through Friday, we will:
· Set up tables, canopies, and other necessary equipment for outdoor giveaways.
· Position hundreds of clothes items on tables according to gender and size.
· Make hundreds of sandwiches and prepare go-bags of lunch items.
(If it rains, we will host the event inside our center or above our center in the management multipurpose room.)
11:30 am to 1:30 pm (Monday-Friday)
The giveaway activities include:
· Volunteers assigned to specific lunch and clothes giveaway stations.
· Volunteers led by Elijah’s Heart team leaders on a community tour to remind and invite families to the giveaway.
(Once clothes are totally given away, we will continue doing lunch through Friday)